Thursday, October 27, 2011

Back to the Future


 

One of the reasons why I chose the City: Intersection of Text and Place as my English class this semester is that have always had a liking for cities and the dynamism that comes through them. I decided to share with all of you a poem that I wrote in grade 8 about my dream of living in the city of New York, which is still accurate to this day:
Capturing a Memory: New York
From miles away the glittering lights                                                                                                      
The aroma of steamed hotdogs
A girl squeals when seeing her busband
Exiting Tiffany & Co.,
Holding the trademark blue bag
So small surrounded by tall buildings,
Stretching to the sky
The hopes and dreams of millions,
Driven to succeed
This will be home some day.

Poem and text by Stephanie Giannuzzo
Photo by Merrianne Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment