Sunday, October 9, 2011

An Apple A Day


One man, exceptional innovative skills, millions of dollars and a new way of life… Who could this be? Yes, the renown Steve Jobs. Earlier today, I took a walk to the Apple store on Saint-Catherine and absorbed what has become from a mere thought in Jobs’ mind so many years ago.

I snapped a picture of my view of his tribute and although the picture was taken at 10:15am, I realized other people had also taken time to pay tribute to Steve Jobs. Messages that read: “You revolutionized my world and life” and “You are my source of inspiration”, apples, flowers, candles and images of Jobs were posted outside the windows of the store to commemorate his life.

Much to our dismay, we do not realize the impact his company has had over our lives. It can almost be recognized as a staple of the 21st century, one of the greatest and innovative companies to have succeeded so quickly. Our culture has evolved to depend on these devices to survive and has influenced the creation of cities and new culture.

As the sun brightens on one of the most renowned stores of the 21st century, I commemorate one of the world’s most innovative and inspiring people of our time. May you rest in peace, Steve Jobs.

For further reading, check out the article written by The Gazette's TechnoCité: Apple's Steve Jobs mourned in Montreal. An inspiring and realistic piece with photos of the Apple store throughout the day and multiple interviews.

Thanks, Amanda M.

1 comment:

  1. I was just in NYC on the weekend and snapped a shot of the SOHO Apple Store. I'll post it today.

    ReplyDelete