Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Has the Time Stopped?

It is an early winter morning in downtown Zurich. Even though it's a week day morning, the city is calm and quiet. There is no traffic and nobody seems to rush. I had a feeling that the whole city was still sleeping. It made me feel really comfortable and allow me to see Zurich by another angle. Wherever I was going, the view was magnificent. The city was clean and the architecture was staggering. Most of the buildings were old but well maintained, roads were narrow but clean and with no sigh of potholes. While enjoying the outstanding view of the city, I was thinking about an ad I saw ones in a magazine. In it, there was a picture of a single house in the Swiss alps and a text saying: "If you live there and feel like the time has stopped, you will find a way to measure it." Do Swiss people still feel the same way? Was that a metaphor or their real state of mind? I don't know, but I hope one day to go back and have a better chance to get into their way of life.

Photo and text:
Misho

No comments:

Post a Comment