Friday, September 23, 2011

Graffiti Art

This is a photo by my sister who took a summer photography course at Dawson College.  On one day, the class was assigned a project to photograph different areas within the city of Montreal.  I thought it would be a good idea to upload one of her photos to the blog.  This photo is my favorite out of the thousands she took that day.  In the photo, we can see the graffiti done on the side of the buildings.  The angle at which she captured the photo creates a very interesting, and very artful look to the photograph.  The lighting makes the graffiti's vibrant colour tones and the old faded colors of the buildings look like they're on the same level of intensity and have the same amount of brightness.  Graffiti on a roof top like this photo would normally give me a very ghetto feeling to a city at first glance but looking at this picture again I couldn't help but admire its beauty.  She captured something so dark and grungy and turned it into a masterpiece.  This is why I admire this photo so much.
 
Photo credit: Carina D'AllevaBlog Entry:  Anthony D'Alleva

No comments:

Post a Comment