Sunday, December 4, 2011

Personality

Climate has a strong correlation with the mood of people, their social life and their state of mind. We aren't favored with a mild weather in Montreal, cold and long winters are a struggle for some and we can see it in the change of people's lifestyle during those months of frost. Who stays outside in the winter? People don't do it unless they have to. How long do they stay, how often do they go out for a breath of fresh air, how often do they go on social meeting? The cold cuts people's contact with the outside world and shows the dark side of our city. The unsocial coldness of Montreal is reviled.

2 comments:

  1. I like the picture you posted. In my opinion, it shows how beautiful Montreal can be even in the dark. I don't understand why everyone hate winter? It's true that it's cold and sometimes even unbearable but it is not that bad. That's one negative aspect of Winter. Winter can be regarded as a positive aspect too. For example, snow makes the city look prettier and also provide us some wonderful moments. In addition, there are many winter sports which demands snow. I hardly believe that cold cuts people's contact with the outside world because it gives us many occasion to connect with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I really like this picture. I especially like the way the lights illuminate this city I call home. I'm also curious to how the picture was taken. The camera being flush with the water gives a nice focus on the the frozen lake with a well lit city skyline.
    Cheers
    Victor Mancini

    ReplyDelete